Every other Saturday Rachel and I switch off watching each other's kids for about 2-3 hours so we can go on dates. It's worked out really well so far and today was our turn to watch Rachel and Anthony's kids. Except they were going to Lagoon and it's wasn't going to be just 3 hours but 6. Both Spencer and I were a little nervious about the extended length of time. When they dropped the chit-lins off we played with some of their favorites toys like the 30 golf balls, all the kitchen utencils, and a tennis racket. In between there both girls took naps and when they woke up it was close enough to luch time (11:00). So we cooked up so Macie-cheese which everyone loved. Next was the pool. By the time we got everyone ready and in the car, Spencer and I didn't know if we had made a wise decision in our choice of activity. It turned out to be great fun. I thought the girls would stay in a kiddie pool I brought but no they had to be with Spencer and Austin in the "Big Pool". All in all it took us about 30 mins. to get ready for the pool and we stayed for about 25 mins. Ratio not too great but with 3 kids and just the two of us we took it with smiles. Last was a walk to the Gas station for treats. By then Kate had fallen asleep and Rachel and Anthony where on their way home. All 3 kids did really well and both Spencer and I gave each other a pat on the back. It was a long day but a really good one too. 


3 comments:
Thanks again!
Good Job. You and Spencer are Super Parents.
I always say that it's a good thing they only usually come 1 at a time! How fun-I'm sure they all loved it!
Post a Comment