Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson

Today Michael Jackson died of a heart attack. He was 50 years old. I don't think there is anyone who didn't listen to his music and try to dance as he did. I have three memories that stick out in my mind of Michael Jackson. One is when I was growing up and living in the house on Cole St. I was helping my mom and sister clean and asked my mom to put on the "Thriller" record so I could dance as I did my chores. Next is a good 15 years later up at college at a ward Halloween party in an old barn. In the upper part of the barn my good friend Beth was teaching half the ward the dance to the song Thriller. It was so much fun and we almost took the barn down. The last was three and a half years ago at our wedding reception where Cory busted out the best impersonation of Michael Jackson. He had the whole room cheering him on. When Spencer found out he called Cory to tell him the sad news. Cory started to cry. Michael Jackson was the King of pop music and has definitely left his mark on the world.

3 comments:

Mallory Clan said...

I think most of my memories of Michael Jackson include Cory French. He was truly Michael's biggest fan. Nobody can do Michael the way Cory can.;-)

Rachel Schanz said...

Hey, are you guys coming up to Idaho for the 4th? we would love to get together!

Anthony Orme said...

Yes, he left his mark on the world, and on several unsuspecting 10 year old boys...Sniffle...sniffle.