Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter

Easter Sunday was also Conference Sunday so this picture was taken the Sunday before. Yes, that's me large and in charge (8 weeks left)
On actual Easter morning we started off with a yummy breakfast with the whole gang.
Then I sent Kate and Chase on an Easter Scavenger Hunt for their Spring baskets. Kate really liked running all over the house from clue to clue.
Of course at the end of the scavenger hunt was a basket for both Kate and Chase.
Here's a funny story: Brooke really wants a barbie (the puppy potty one to be exact) and told Kate how much she wants it. Ever since then Kate has been telling everyone that she was going to get a barbie for Easter. Before this Kate has never mention wanting a barbie but she made sure to tell both Rachel and Brooke that she was going to get one every time she saw them. So did she get one in her Spring Basket...? Yes and No, she got two little mermaid barbie dolls and was just as excited.
Later Spencer and Kate dyed Easter eggs - Kate is showing off her hands and how they are covered in red food coloring.
Ta-Da! One for each of us
For the last session of Conference Rachel and Anthony came over to watch it at our house. Then we had a very yummy dinner and put on an Easter egg hunt for the kids in the basement.
Kate did really well and got a lot of eggs in her basket
However, Austin definitely got the most eggs - with age comes speed.
After we went back upstairs the kids opened all their eggs and of course started to eat the candy. Rachel tried to explain to Austin what Easter was really about... by the look on Austin's face he was just thinking about what candy to eat next.
As always I had a great Easter spent with my family. It was nice to have General Conference to listen to as we celebrated the Easter Holiday and of course the most important thing about Easter is the resurrection of Jesus Christ!

2 comments:

Rachel Schanz said...

kate is so dang cute, and you are one hot mamma!

bdjol said...

I love how one of your eggs is for spener! Good ole spener, he always was a great guy. Hey, what happened to Spencer anyway? (I know that I'm way funny huh. I make funny jokes) Looks like you had a great and HOPPY Easter. Plus, you look adorable and not at all large and in charge. Just beautiful Charles I know and love. -This is Natali by the way, not Bryce or bdjol.