Saturday, July 28, 2012

Yard Sale

We had our yard sale with my parents today.  Kate sold Laffy Taffy and some of her toys to earn money for a playhouse.  She did really good and made a total of $12.
This brings her over all total to $115.83 that she has saved (with the help of her parents) for a playhouse for the backyard.
Just for the future - my Dad is the worst yard seller I know.  Just an hour into it he wanted to give everything away for free.  Not sure he got the concept that you try and make money at these things.  I think next time we'll have him on kid duty.

We didn't do too bad either and came home with $190 - most of the stuff we sold was either donated to us or Spencer got from the "Free Stuff" on KSL.  However, most of the free stuff from KSL didn't sell and ended up at the DI.  I guess if it didn't sell at one yard sale it most likely wouldn't sell at another. Until next time.  

0 comments: