Saturday, July 28, 2012

Potty Training Bree

In the this corner we have Bree.  She's 2 years and 2 months old, about 20 pounds, and loves to watch movies and drink her "pink" milk.  In the other corner is mom.  She's only potty trained once before and is 35 weeks pregnant but had determination her quickly approaching due date on her side.

Round 1: 
Goes to Bree
Our first attempt was a complete failure.  I thought I could just wing it and by 5 O'clock that evening she was back in diapers and my eye was twitching.  So I went back to the drawing board and prepared much more for round two.

Round 2:
Goes to Mom
So we got the potty doll, treats, kate went to her cousins and I took a deep breath and followed her around the whole day - it was actaully pretty fun to spend the whole day just her and I.  Pretty sure we bonded on a different level that day.  Then finally success.   


Round 3:
 Still in progress
One week later and Bree has it down pretty darn good.  Except for the pooping part.  We're still working on that one but all in good time... that is as long as she gets it before baby gets here.   :)




-UPDATE-
Bree was struggling with poopin' in the pot and after cleaning up more than a handful of accidents we were about to throw in the towel and give up.  Then a miracle happened and she went in the toilet and we rewarded her with a popsicle.  That day was a turning point and as long as she got a popsicle she was now not only going in the toilet but wanting to go.  Popsicles... who knew?  Since then she's been great and we've been accident free for over two weeks.  9.06.12

0 comments: