Thursday, August 9, 2012

Jake Parker French

He's Here!


Jake Parker French
Born Thursday August 9th at 1:31 pm
7 Pounds 2 Ounces
19 Inches Long

Birth Story:

Thursday mid morning I was getting things done around the house when the contractions started.  I'd been having a few here and there so at first I didn't think anything of it.  Around 10 am I noticed that these were not the usual contractions I'd been having because they were much closer not to mention a bit more intense. At first a little panic - "I'm going to have a baby today!" was the first thing that ran through my head... He's early!  Then, I calmed down and realized I was ready, as ready as I could be for baby to come.  I called my mom, who was trucking with my dad and on their way back from Bear River.  She was about 90 minutes out.  I tried to keep on working on my to do list but found that it was impossible.  My contractions were about 3 minutes apart now and all I could do was pace around the kitchen table.  Spencer made sure that when my mom got to our house to watch the girls we were ready to take off to the hospital.  Spencer timed my contractions as he drove and they were 2 minutes and 20 seconds apart - we were getting close... very close.

We got to the hospital at 12:30.  Check in and got settled in our room.  It was as if he and I both felt good about him coming now and things moved pretty darn fast from there on.  I was dilated to a 7 when we got to the hospital and about 45 minutes later I was ready to push.  Mind you, I was going all natural so yes 45 minutes is fast but if you would have asked me then it wasn't fast enough.  Just before pushing the midwife told me the his face was facing up when it should be facing down.  She gave me two options - a. she could turn him herself which would be fast and very painful or b. I'd have to turn on my hands and knees and let gravity do her thing and turn him around.  Figuring I was doing this with no help from drugs, I opted for option b and 5 minutes later he was right side up which meant he was face down and he and I were more than ready for him to be in my arms.  I gave 3 or 4 big pushes and Mr. Jake Parker French was here.  Perfect in every way.  I was feeling great - a bit tired but overall on cloud number 9.
The girls came with my Mom, Rachel and her kids a few hours later.  Kate and Bree were super excited to see their little brother.  I was super excited to see them see the newest member of our family.  It just melted my heart as they walked in and both girls were all smiles and giggles.  They both wanted to kiss and hold him.  It was so fun to see them with him for the first time.




24 hours later we were on our way home with baby.  
And just like that our family went from 4 to 5 and we couldn't be happier.


0 comments: