Monday, July 14, 2008

What A Busy Weekend...

WOW, we had a very fun-filled weekend. Adam and Wendy and their 4 kids came down this past weekend and stayed at our place. Yes, that means there were 4 adults and 5 children in our little condo. We had the kids in the family room, Adam and Wendy in Kate's room and Kate in our closet. Even though it was a tight fit we had a blast with them while they were here.

We went to the Provo water park on Saturday and the kids loved it! I was so happy to see that they were enjoying themselves so much. Nothing puts a smile on my face like watching kids make childhood memories. I guess it takes me back to all the fun things I did growing up. After we had come home I made some tasty enchiladas which were a hit with the kids. In fact, Ashley (4 years old) said, "Char, I don't like these... I LOVE THEM!!" We finished dinner with some yummy cookies and even got a game of "Take It" in. What a successful day!

Sunday we all got ready for church and Spencer and I both received callings in our new ward. Spencer was extended the call of Valiant 9 teacher in the primary and I was asked to serve as the Nursery Leader. We are both very excited to serve in these areas and grow from them as well. Yes, it was a busy weekend indeed but busy weekends are the best when spent with family.

2 comments:

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

Pretty cool. Looks like fun. We'll have to go back to that water park again and take Austin down the slides.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

OH you are going to love being the Nursery Leader!! That is seriously the calling that I covet!! You will both be perfect for those callings...Primary is the best place to be!!!