Sunday, March 7, 2010

Kate Lately

I've really been a slacker on posting things that Kate has done and said and with this child there is never a dull moment so here is a post dedicated to Kate.
Things she's said...
Kate has taken after her Grandpa Dibo and has come up with a nick name for Chase and herself. She calls Chase, "Chaser-Racer" and then nicknamed herself "Kater-Rader"

She calls everyone chicken and when she sees Austin and Brooke she calls them "Chicken Nuggets"

Kate turned off the TV and told Spencer to go to work when he was standing there watching ESPN

I know there's more but I can't seem to remember anything lately. So stay tuned because my goal is keep up on things that she says.

Here are some Pictures
Kate all dressed up as a princess
Hiding under the table while playing one of her favorite game hide and go seek
Spencer was supposed to be watching her while a basketball game was on and low and behold Kate was gluing her blocks to a piece of paper and then called it a city. I found Kate coloring like this - looks comfy, right?

Here's a video link of Kate making a person out of rocks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhEuPXmY7MQ

Some New Favorites
Kate loves all shapes and is always asking me to draw them or she is pointing them out to me whenever she sees one. Her favorite one now is an Octagon.

She is now in the phase of asking why after everything. Any parent knows how annoying this can get. However, Spencer found a way to end the constant "why" question by answering "nothing" back to her. Yes it makes no sense but I think it confuses her enough to where she moves on and stops asking why - at least for a few minutes.

Kate can now read digital clocks. This comes in very handy when I need to know what time it is and can't see a clock. She can't quite say it properly but she'll read off the numbers then it's easy to guess the time.

We just celebrated Austin's 5th birthday and now Kate can't stop talking about her birthday. She keeps telling me she wants a tea party birthday with rainbow cupcakes. She's so excited - too bad its 2 1/2 months away.

Kate found her old newborn baby clothes and is now constantly pulling them out and showing me what the baby is going to where followed by "it's so little and so prettitiful" (pretty and beautiful combined)

1 comments:

Natali Jolley said...

Love all the updates Charles. I am happy to see that you FINALLY look pregnant you little stinker. I know I looked pregnant from day 1 I swear and you just looked like a little hottie with your tiny tummy etc. You look beautiful and I can tell that you are keeping busy. I got your baby shower gift and, HONESTLY, I love the clothes you gave me the very most. They are soooooo cute. Thanks a million you are the best. I will call soon and we will talk, sorry I missed your call last Sunday. We'll talk.