On September 1st Kate started Gymnastics. She loves it and is pretty good at it too.
Brooke is in her class too and between the two of them they put on quite a show. I know I've mention before how much Bree likes her fingers but lately she has taken it to a whole new level. The girl, is all about her hands all the time and it's not just a finger or a thumb ... it's the hand, the whole hand and nothing but the hand.
Sisterly love
Austin started school this past week and with all the school talk Kate came out of her room with her Dora backpack on and asked if I could take a picture - the posses are all her.
We also bought a van this week. It's a 2005 Honda Odyssey EX. I know I said I would never ever but I did and I love it!
Kate has said and done some pretty funny things and I'm afraid that I'll forget them so I am writing them here where everyone can enjoy them.
10-12-12 Spencer picked up Kate from school today and she proceed to tell him that she told her whole class our phone number. Spencer was shocked because he didn't think she even knew our cell numbers. So he asked her to tell him and she quickly replied "2". 2 is Spencer and my speed dial for each other. Ha!
5-18-11 We got some lunch at Del Taco where the kids could play. There was a boy with long hair playing there too and Kate says in front of everyone, "Mom, hers a boy, for real !" The little boys mom just chuckled.
4-24-11 It was Easter Sunday and Kate asked about the Resurection... the rest of the convo went like this...
Kate: Mom what's the resurection?
Me: It's when you come back to life after you die
Kate: what does that look like?
Me: Oh it's pretty
Kate: So it's Pink?
3-20-11 Kate got some Barbies from a neighbor family who now has older children. She's been playing with non-stop and when Spencer asked her the name of one of the Barbies she quickly replied, "oh her name is Porky". That Barbie is sure to have a complex now.
3-20-11 Spencer and Kate were talking about the garden we want toplat this year and Kate said this... "Daddy, I want to grow a hugen pumpkin and call it Humpkin"
2-10-11 Kate and my mom were talking about riding horses and my mom asked Kate what her horses name was, she took a second to think about it and then replyed, "He's a pink horse named blue. "
9-29-10 Kate was in a bad mood and wanted something that I wasn't going to get her so she gave me the stink eye and then said,"mommy i'm magic and going to disapear from here and then ride my bike to get a treat at the store with daddy!".
9-17-10 Kate is in Spencer's football pool and she makes her picks each week by pointing to the team she wants to win. The other day she was coloring and Spencer was reading off the teams and Kate was telling him who she wanted.
Spencer: Jets or Patriots?
Kate: humm.... Jets because they're in the bathtub
Spencer: What?
Kate: daddy i said Jets because they're in the bathtub!
We have a jetted tub that kate likes to play in and turn on the "jets" and once he remembered that it was just common sense to pick the Jets... because they're in the bathtub.
7-26-10 Kate was telling me how she wanted someone to play with. I told her that I would play with here but she looked at me with her big eyes and said, "no mommy, not you. I want someone little like Brooke, Austin, or D-Bo." (D-bo is my dad)
5-9-10 After church we decided to go to the park. When I asked Kate which park she wanted to go to she said the red one. I told her I didn't know where that one was and then she said... "It's in utah idaho american south." Got it.
10-4-09 Spencer asked Kate if she wanted some ice-cream and she replied, "I sure do!"
10-1-09 Kate was in the tub while I was getting ready when I heard her singing like Ariel, "ah ahh ahh, ahh ah ahhh". When I looked at her she was on her belly and I started to laugh. She then quickly sat up and said, "what mommy?"
9-16-09 Kate's new favorite movie is the Little Mermaid. She was watching it when she turned to me and said, Mommy, I want to go to the ocean floor to say HI to Ariel and all the fishies".
9-1-09 It was past Kate's bed time when she asked to watch "Dora". I told her no because it was time for bed. Then she asked if she could watch football. Spencer perked right up and gave me a look like how was he supposed to turn that down? I guess she was willing to do anything to say up. Te-he-he We compromised by reading books together as a family.
8-27-09 Kate and I were driving in a construction zone in Provo when she saw a very large building crane. Then she said, "Mommy, I want to get in my bathing suit and ride that dinosaur."
8-23-09 Kate went into Spencer's office and said in a very frim voice, "Dad, I need my own computer." My dad says we're done for because Kate is already smarter than both Spencer and I.
8-20-09 Kate's new favorite things to do is hide things in drawers and cupboards. Just recently I have found Monk-monk in almost every drawer in the house - she even hid him while we were camping in Grandma camper. I have also found a hot pocket, a beach ball, sippy cups, hair accessories, shoes, measuring cups, small books and toys, and all sorts of stuff. I still giggle when I find things but I'm sure this will get very annoying very soon.
8-9-09 We were late to church so we just grabbed the first chairs we could see in the overflow. As soon as we sat down both Spencer and I looked at each other and gasped - the young lady in front of us had the worst body order EVER!! Kate didn't notice at first but it didn't take her long before she said very loud, "Eww that's stinky! Stinky mommy stinky!" As most 2 year olds do, she kept repeating those words. Needless to say we had to get up and move after the opening prayer.
7-22-09 "Mommy, see the mountains. I love them so much!"
6-22-09 We were all watching some T.V. when Kate came up to Spencer and I holding her Mrs. Potato Head and said, "What the Chicken?"
6-1-09 Spencer and Kate were looking at a rainbow in the sky when Spencer decided to name off all the colors in the rainbow, "Blue, purple, green, yellow and red" Then Kate looks at him and say, "And orange daddy, and orange". What 2 year old would know what color he didn't say?
5-30-09 Kate was having a hard time falling asleep so I laid in the guest bed with her to help calm her down. I was almost asleep when I heard some strange noises. Then a small voice says, "that was me". This went on for a good five minutes and I couldn't help but to snicker a few times at the silly noises she would make and then follow with "that was me" just in case I didn't know who or what was making those sounds.
5-20-09 A man with brown shoulder length hair walks onto the airplane. Kate points at him and says, "Jesus mommy, Jesus!!" She repeats this about 4 times while pointing right at him and each time she says it louder and louder.
5-9-09 I was taking some vitamins and Kate wanted some so I filled a syringe with water when she wasn't looking and told her to open big for her medicine. She did and then looked up at me with her big brown eyes and a face of disappointment and with a sigh said, "water mommy?" My mouth fell open and for a second I didn't know what to say then I started laughing.
0 comments:
Post a Comment