Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Black Eye

Early this morning Spencer and some guys went to play football at the park. I expected Spencer to be gone for two hours but to my surprise he was home in just an hour! I didn't know what to think, did he not like football anymore, did no one show up, did he come home early to show me that football isn't that big of a deal. When I asked why he was home so early he simply replayed,"I'm out of commission" and then I saw his black eye. We wiped away the blood and put some ice on it hoping that it would be ok. It's 8:30 at night now and I think he'll be just fine and probably be ready for football next Saturday.

4 comments:

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

You failed to mention that my hubby was the one who accidently gave him that shiner. Oh well I guess those things happen when boys get together to play. Hope it gets better soon.

Lyndsay said...

I am sure it brought back memories from growing up in a house of all boys (hehe at least that is what is like in my house)

Gray Family said...

Nice shiner! Hey we had fun trick or treating last night with you guys, just wish we could have stayed longer. I wondered what happened to Spencer's eye, I just thought he forgot to wipe off his makeup before going out into public. Well we'll talk to you guys later!!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Seriously don't these MEN know they just can't do the same things they use to when they were in high school?? Jonathan still suffers from a torn ACL from church ball a few months ago. This also reminds me of the time he came home with a black eye that also needed stitches...ON THE DAY OF FAMILY PICTURES! Silly guys...hopefully Spence is all healed up!