Ok, so here's a Halloween memory that I don't think I'll ever forget. When I was in the 2nd grade I wanted to be a spider. My mom made me this awesome spider costume - it even had 6 legs (not sure why it didn't have 8 legs?) that moved whenever my arms moved. (That is an important fact for later in the story). Anyway, in my elementary school we got to wear our Halloween costumes to school for a day and walk in a Halloween Parade. After each class was done walking through the parade all the children changed back into regular clothes... except ME!!! I forgot to pack any other clothes. As a result I spent the whole day in my spider outfit. I had to eat lunch, run laps in P.E., play some musical instrument in music class, and sit in my classroom with my whole spider gear on and in the way. I can just imagine how silly I looked trying to do all the days activities in my costume. At the end of the day I had to stand in the "car pick up" zone with all the older kids (in normal clothes of course) waiting for my mom to pick my sister and I up. Nevertheless, my mom was able to spot us right away and we hurried home so I could finally change.
Here’s a picture I had my mom e-mail me of my famous Spider Halloween Costume. Good times!
Here’s a picture I had my mom e-mail me of my famous Spider Halloween Costume. Good times!
If you have a good Halloween story share it!

8 comments:
Thats an awesome costume! Maybe your legs counted as 7 and 8?? My Halloween memory is just that my dad loaded us up in the van and took us to the rich neighborhoods. We didnt even bother with the fun sized candy bars!! :) Love Halloween!!
hehehe...That is funny, I am sure Kate will love Halloween when she isn't scared of anything (I don't know if she is but my kids are at that age) Happy Halloween!!
Hahahaha. I totally remember that costume! That is a great story! I would of loved to see a spider running laps. Oh and I love your blog you are so creative and cute!!!
Oh yes, the spider costume. I remember it well although I don't remember that story. That's pretty funny. I bet you looked like a total magoo. Oh well it created a funny story and a good memory. I remember my Gym and the Rockers costume. What the heck was I thinking. Nobody knew what I was.
Oh Char! What good stories you have! I remember that costume. I had a day like that only I was a clown all day.
lol, lugga. I remember that costume. Good times.... gooooooood times...
That is hilarious! How embarrassing!
I remember you telling me about this costume! Hooray for Halloween.
Post a Comment