Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Homemade Bread

Spencer has been dying for some homemade wheat bread and yesterday I thought I'd try to make some. I found this recipe online with a 5 star rating and gave it a try. The results - very very yummy homemade wheat bread.

The recipe:

1 envelope yeast (2 1/4 tsp.)
2 cups water
1/4 cup softened butter
1/8 cup molasses
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. salt
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups white flour

1. dissolve yeast in water

2. mix butter, molasses, honey, and salt in large bowl

3. add yeast mixture and then gradually add flour

4. turn onto floured surface and knead until smooth

5. place in buttered bowl and let rise until doubled

6. punch down and let rest for a few minutes

7. divide dough into 2 parts and shape into loaves

8. place in greased pans and let rise for about an hour

9. bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes

1 comments:

Moghimi Family said...

Yummy! Now I want bread. =)