Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day!

Christmas Morning we opened presents. Kate was a little hesitant at first but after seeing what was under the wrapping paper she started to tear through her presents.Kate got me a whole new set of pots and pans. I loved it! I still had mis-match pieces from my college days.
Kate got Spencer a battery organizer and testing station.
Here's my dad with Kate going over her new Doctor's kit
If you go back to last Christmas you notice that Kate got the exact same mini tramp last year too. She didn't use it much then so we took it down and gave it to here again this year. He he. If that's not a re-gift then I don't know what is.
Later that morning we went over to Rachel and Anthony's for breakfast and for the kiddos to exchange their presents from each other. Kate got a Little Mermaid doll.
On another note. I hope this doesn't become a yearly tradition because it was kind of sad. Our Christmas was dead about 2 weeks before Christmas. Yes we did water it but I think because we had to hack at it so much for it to fit in the Christmas tree stand it didn't have much of a chance to last longer than a week or two. About a week and a half before Christmas we turned the Christmas tree light on while we were doing one of our Days of Christmas. In only twenty minutes I could smell something burning. I quickly walked over to the tree and unplugged it. Ever since then we only turned the tree on once to take pictures. Poor thing was looking so dead, that Christmas afternoon we had it outside ready to set a blaze. The next few pictures explain why Christmas tree fire's are so dangerous. But it was fun to watch such an amazing sight that only lasted for about 30 seconds. Another great Christmas to remember! Spencer thought that was the highlight of the day.

0 comments: