Monday, September 8, 2008

The OMC Cruise to Mexico

Spencer works for an amazing company who every year takes all their employees and their spouses on an all expense paid weekend cruise to Mexico. We had a hard time deciding whether or not to go because we couldn't take Kate and I wasn't sure I could be a way from her for that long. (I'm a baby, I know) We ended up going and my sister, Rachel watched Kate for us while we were gone for 4 days traveling the Pacific Ocean.


We left Friday morning to fly into LAX and then took a bus to the port. From there we mostly did a lot of eating, relaxing, people watching, sleeping, gambling (don't tell anyone) and just hangin' out on the ship.




We had to do a safety check and after seeing this picture, I think anyone could spot us if they shined a light on us - the reflectors work.


Friday evening we watch the sun set as we chatted with the Behm's and JD. So pretty!




Saturday morning we arrived in Ensanada, Mexico and the whole Utah clan headed into town to do some shopping. (we all stuck together most of the trip anyway). We bought some souvenirs for the kids and took advantage of being on land again.

Doesn't Spencer look like he fits right in? If it wasn't for his lack of speaking espanol I think we might have mistaken him for a local.


When Spencer saw a McDonald's he was so relieved because now he could get an ice cream cone and not worry about what else he might be eating. He was lovin' it.


That night was the Captain's Dinner where you get all dressed up. I thought it was so fun to get all fancied up and even though he'll never admit it, I think Spencer enjoyed it too.

Sunday we hung out at sea and there wasn't a lot to do. By then I was really missing our little girl and was getting anxious to get back home. Monday morning was madness as everyone on the huge ship tried to leave at the same time. Once we were off the boat I was happy to be on the good ole' solid land. No rocking and that very subtle nauseated feeling I got every once in awhile on the cruise. It was our first cruise and it was definitely a learners course. When we go again we'll have a much better idea of how it all works and what to expect. We are so grateful to Rachel and Anthony for watching Kate, and to OMC especially Robin for taking us on the cruise. It was a wonderful experience and we both loved it.

9 comments:

us said...

Good to see you guys finally got your cruise. Looks like a lot of fun. Your dresses in those pictures are so cute. Wasn't it so fun to have an excuse to get all dressed up? Gotta love when it's on the company tab too! How fun!

Lyndsay said...

Looks like u guys had a great time. Good for you!

Anthony and Rachel Orme said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time. VIva la Mexico!!

The Gibbs said...

wow, just a little jealousy. you look gorgeous. don't we miss prom? talked to beth on sat....YEAH! now we just need to pray for nat and get her on the boat.

Mallory Clan said...

You guys look great! Kinda wish I hadn't canceled...then again I would've been too tempted to throw someone overboard so I guess it's good I didn't go. But it looks like you had a great time! Plus after getting seasick scuba diving I figured it's safer (for everyone) for me not be on a boat!! ;-)

Armstrong Family said...

I'm SOOOOO jealous! You both look so fancy and cute together! Glad you had fun, how could you not!?!

THE RAY'S said...

Good choice on the dress! I am glad you guy's had a good time!

Nicole Bori said...

wow char i love that dress! you look beautiful. i think i might borrow that! well i'm glad you guys had a fun time. i miss you

Brittany said...

what the heck?.. You guys went on a cruise? We went on that same cruise for our honeymoon! A lot of it is really trashy huh? haha well looks like you guys had a blast!