This past weekend we took a family trip to Idaho. While we were there we did some of my most favorite things.
5. Visiting with Friends
We tracked down my old college roommate TaNelle Allen and stopped to see her and her family. She just had a baby girl, Ellie, who was a doll. Her older son Kayson was sleeping and Clint, her husband was able to hang out for a bit before he left for work. Kate was so excited to hold the little baby and for a second I could see her being a great big sister.
We also saw Clint and Micah for a bit before the boys from Shelley went to play some b-ball on Thursday night. She too just had a baby girl, Isabel who was also too cute.
4. Shelley Spud Day
Every year the town of Shelley celebrates the beginning of the Spud Harvest. The festivities begin with a parade. They had all sorts of floats and lots of candy being thrown out to the children lining both sides of the town's Main St. We were with Cory and Becky, Logan and Hannah, and Adam's kids. Too bad it was such a rainy day. I guess there is always next year.

3. Eating at MillHollow
Oh how I wish we had a Millhollow down here in Utah. I love that place! It's always a must when we are in Idaho. Along with Millhollow comes our good friends Matt and Megan. We've been having lunch with them at Millhollow for the last two years. Food + Friends = Good Times. I love the Italian sandwich (it was it's best when Natali made it but still very very good even though she doesn't work there anymore) and Spencer gets the Club with bacon. For dessert we get a medium blender with lots of yummy add-ins. If reading this gets your mouth watering just look at how delicious it looks. I didn't get a picture of our dessert - we ate it too fast! 
2. Spending Time with Family
Here's a picture of the family eating at the Mongolian Grill Friday evening. It was yummy. Later we all went back to Grandma's house for a good game of "Take It". It was close but Logan ended up winning the game.
After Spud Day the whole family came over to Grandma's for dinner and a special announcement.... Logan and Hannah are getting married! They're just to0 cute together. We are so happy to have Hannah join the French family and Logan will finally be able to use all of Grandma French's past Christmas presents. Hope you kept them all, Logan.
Congratulations you two! We can't wait for the wedding and the party afterwards!
Congratulations you two! We can't wait for the wedding and the party afterwards!1. Watching Kate be Kate
Kate loves going to Grandma's house. With a big yard, lots of toys, birds and fish, what little kid wouldn't right? She loved playing in the sand box and also this little house with her cousin Analee.
Kate loves going to Grandma's house. With a big yard, lots of toys, birds and fish, what little kid wouldn't right? She loved playing in the sand box and also this little house with her cousin Analee.
We had a wonderful time in Idaho and wish it didn't go by so fast. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for letting us crash at your place and for the 10 lbs of homemade rasberry jam. Not a drop will be wasted.

4 comments:
Oh, how I miss Idaho now. Thanks for the mention of my mad millhollow skills. I really had a talent didn't I! Wow, kate is getting big and I am so happy you got to see Penelope. Tell Logan congrats for me and that I am happy for him. I'll have to call and talk to you soon. Looks like you had a lot of fun on your trip!
kay, so my brother is dating a girl who is going to the beloved byu-i and i was trying to ask her if she'd eaten at mill hollow and i couldn't remember the name of it!!!! i almost started crying. thank you for reminding me and i miss it like crazy. your pics of you sandwich made my taste buds go crazy. oh sometimes i really do miss our days up there. much love.
Looks like u guys had a great time. I can't believe Logan is getting married! I am happy for him. Kate is soooo adorable. I am afraid if we try for the girl one more time, I will be in Aunt Ebony's shoes!
Spud Day...when I told James that we should go to "Spud Day" next year he looked at me like I was crazy. He's not the first. He just laughed hysterically and said only in Idaho would you have an actual day devoted to a potato. Then I of course had to tell him what our school mascot was. Needless to say...more laughter. Looks like you had fun, even in the rain. What I wouldn't give to be able to wear a jacket or sweater, hey I'd even settle for long sleeve shirt weather! Congrats to Logan!
Post a Comment